THIS SITE IS NOW CLOSED.

For the latest news about Jung YongHwa and Seo JooHyun
(CNBLUE and SNSD, too),please proceed to:




Yongseointernational.com



Thank you for the 3 wonderful years, SPD.


DOUBLE-CLICK TO CLOSE THIS DIALOG

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Episode 18


credit: yukiandjudy

Episode 18 Part 1/2
Episode 18 Part 2/2

credit: rundevilrunsubs

Episode 18 Part 1/2
Episode 18 Part 2/2


credit: SmoothyEcoS03
(unsubbed)
Episode 18 Part 1/3
Episode 18 Part 2/3
Episode 18 Part 3/3

In the meantime click below the cut for translations of the episode as posted by j2dlee@soompi
(Yongseo couple in slump)

Hyo Yeon: Tadaa!
Everyone: Wow!
Hyo Yeon: This is dessert, and here are sandwiches and tomatoes… I’m good, ain’t I?
Everyone: Thanks for the food.
Jungshin: You are a really good cook.
HY:……..
Seo Hyun: How did you make this bread?
HY:……..
Yong Hwa: You’re good at everything.
HY: …….
MC Park: That sandwich looks familiar (meaning it’s shop bought).
Y: The weather’s so good, but I’m feeling so down,
JS: Here, drink this and get out of it.
HY: Here, here, let’s comfort them.
Y: For success next time.
S: Yes, next time.
Everyone: Cheers!
Y: This juice is 100% orange, right? I’ll check.
JS: Sis in law, I’ve prepared a gift because I thought you would pass.
Y: Did you prepare this by yourself?
JS: Just things you need when you have a car.
S: Wow!
Y: What’s this (a photo frame of Yongseo)?
JS: It was in your room.
MC Park: He keeps their picture in his room! Hohohoho…
JS: Put those in your car (SH YH- it’s a sticker).
Y (taking out gloves): This makes me sad.
JS: Do you really drive with these on?
HY: Yes.
S: These are good.
Y: Nothing slips on these! I wish this (the lid of the box) was a steering wheel.
S (sigh): Ah, really….
Y: There’s no point talking about it…
HY: Seo Hyun, have some sweet potatoes.
JS(taking out his camera): I didn’t learn to do this properly, but anyway.
S: What’s the concept we’re doing?
HY: The ‘I went over the curb and failed the test’ look.
JS: And for you bro, the ‘I was overtime’ look.
Y: What?!!
JS: That kind of gloomy look.
HY: Now, it’s penalty time! Seo Hyun, you go first.
S: Why?
Y: No, not first.
HY: Then do you want to do it together?
Y: It’s Seo Hyun’s punishment and that’s all (doesn’t care who goes first or last, he doesn’t want to do it).
HY: No, man~!
Y: Why, girl~?!
HY: It should be done anyway, Hyun, talk to Yong Hwa in Banmal. Oh, this is fun!
JS: Why do you still speak formally? You guys are already married.
Y: Try, why not?
S: Umm…..
HY: Shall we play the ‘Yaja time’ game since Hyun’s already decided to use Banmal? (Yaja time means ‘speaking informally for a given time’. During this game everyone uses Banmal or younger ones use Banmal and older ones speak formally, a reverse of the Korean speech order).
JS (starting): Does it feel good having a wife? (He’s using the affix ‘nya?’ in his sentence which you only use between friends. It’s not desperately rude but can be provocative when someone younger or who is not that close to you uses it).
Y:…..!
S: Hahaha!
Y: Jungshin brother (hyung).
JS: Why?
Y:….why?!
S: It suits you!
JS: I heard that you failed the test (using ‘YOU’ instead of ‘hyung’)
Y:……..
S: (ah, like this?)
JS(to Hyun): You really ha..haven’t used….ba..ba..banmal? But we’re both of the same age, right?
S: That’s right (speaking informally).
MC Park (to Jinwoon): Does she use Banmal with you?
JW: Yes, because we’re of the same age.

(Backroom interview: Hyun’s banmal test)
PD: Imagine I’m Yong.
S: (practicing) Thank…thank you. Did you eat? What did you do yesterday? What time will you be back home today? Do you want me to make you a Yam& apple shake? (she’s speaking in a really odd tone) Ah…..yes (ne)… (‘Ah, ne’ is one of her trademarks).

S: OK.
Y: Go!
S: H! I!
H: (hahahha) Hello.
HY: Try this, pick this fruit and give it to him saying ‘eat~’
S: what?
H: E~a~t~
Y: That was scary!!
HY: It’s like you are forcing him to eat (and to eat something poisonous).
HY: You have to do it smiling, with your pretty face.
S: (smiling) E!A!T!
HY: He likes it, it’s OK.
Y: Is it really that hard?
S: Yes, it is.

(backroom interview)
PD: Are you satisfied with the result?
Y: No (but he’s grinning).
PD: Are you happy that she used Banmal with you?
Y: Yes. But it’s not just because of her Banmal, because it made us feel closer.
It’ll be nice if we feel even more comfortable with each other, so we have to take a step forward.
S: I think I’ve been speaking way too formally. I have to practice it (using Banmal) to the wall from now on. (practicing) Hello?…OK.

HY(showing a carrier bag): Yong!
Y: No, it can’t be!
JS: What’s that?
HY: Something we prepared…
MC Kim: Punishment costume! Costume! Costume!
HY: Avatar, run!
S: Sis, let’s open it together.
HY & S: One, two, three!
MC Park: I think it’ll look good on Yong.
Seulong: It’s even got a name plate on it.
HY: Jung Yong Hwa!
HY (to Jungshin): Don’t you want to have it?
JS: Yes, I want it!
S: I think it’ll look nice on you.
JS: I’m jealous.
Y (tricked eventually): Shall I at least try it on?
HY: Yes!
Y: Does this fit me?
HY: It fits you perfectly.
S: Wow~
Y: It feels alright.
HY: And this (showing him short pants).
Y (running with pants): Don’t follow me!
JW: He has to come back anyway with that costume on.

S: Are the other members doing OK? (Banmal practice)
JS: Yes (ne)…ah…
S: Don’t you start (speaking formally)!
JS: Are you busy these days?
S: We’ve had lots of commercial filming lately.

(Yong has changed his clothes)
MC Kim: Wow, he looks so cool in a navy uniform.
(HY and SH dancing) MC Park: There are lots of middle aged women dancing in the park.
Y: Is this SNSD?
S: Yes!
Y: No, it’s a sailor.
S: You have to wear a hat as well (using Banmal).
Y: (…!) Try again.
S: You have to wear a hat~ (getting natural)
Y: Is that right~?
HY: You know the song already. Shall we go? (music blasts and it’s too loud) What’s wrong with this?

(On stage)
Y: What’s this?! Did you really want to see this?
(Practicing)
Y: Aww….what am I doing now?
Y: Ok, let’s go! Let’s get it over and done with.
JS: The setting is good.
HY & S: Now start!
Y: Now?
MC Park: Oh, hairy legs!
Na Young: Power gaze!
S: Lip sync! Lip sync!
JS: (I want to run away) (Bro…) (Sorry I couldn’t get you out of this)

(After ‘TMYW’)
Y (out of body)……
JS: Well done, bro.
S: Well done.
Y: (Hyun…did you enjoy it?)

(Backroom interview)
Y: Aw….. As long as she enjoyed it, it’s OK. She must have felt let down since she failed the test. So I wanted to make her laugh as much as she wants.

HY: it really feels like we’re on a picnic.
Y: It feels good.
HY: You’ve already forgotten about the test, haven’t you?
S: Thank you, sis.
(Jungshin likes the hat)
HY: Do you want to do it as well? How about going back to the stage?
MC Park(looking at Yong, Hyun and Hyo Yeon’s picture): Oh~ he looks good.

(backroom interview: a Banmal letter to Yong)
S:Eeee…..Yong? You failed the test but were within an inch of success. I know how you’re feelin…g… You did everything well but the parallel parking. So I hope you get your driver’s license sooooon~ Fighting!

(3 weeks later)
S: Because you’ve got a sore throat, I’ll make this for you.
Y: What’re you making?
S: A Chinese quince tea!
Y: OK!
S: Wait over there while I’m making it.
MC Park: He’s been poorly because of his vocal nodule.
S: Lots and lots of Chinese quinces.
Y: Done already?
S: Yes.
Y: Not a minute has passed.
S: Really?
S (Checking the drink): Wait, it’s too hot.
Y: No, I want to try, I’ll taste it first.
S: No, you shouldn’t drink something this hot.
Y: I want to try. I want to try.
S: No!
(A hubby who wants to drink the tea made by his wife vs. A wife worrying over her husband’s throat)
S: Then just sip. It’s a bit weak, isn’t it?
Y: No, it tastes good.
S: Really?
Y: Really. It’s tasty.
S: Um~
Y: I feel sad.
Seulong: Why is that?
S: Did you take a driving test?
Y: Yes.
S: Me too.
MC Park: They both took a test again.
Y: Don’t tell me you have failed.
MCs: Did they fail it again?
(S & Y silent)
Y (a hunch): Why did you fail this time? Told you there’s no other way but enough practice!
MC Park: Wait, did Yong hwa pass the test?
MC Kim: It looks like it.
S: I feel such a let-down.
Y: I knew it.
S: You know that I went over the curb last time.
Y: Yes.
S: The curb terrifies me, so I was being careful. But this time I went into the other lane.
Y: Hahaha!

(backroom interview)
S: I was driving really carefully, looking at the side mirror and all. But during the course I slipped into the other lane and while panicking, got 20 points deducted. Then I was so nervous that drove too fast…
MC Kim: It’s a pity.
S: No…..what should I do…!
MC Kim: Getting a driver’s license is not an easy thing.
Y: I have something to boast about.
S: Show me. I envy you.
Y: Take a look.
MC Park: Did he pass?
S: What’s this?
(Yong also failed a second time)
MC Park: Like husband, like wife.
Seulong: Just ride a bicycle.
S: Really? Why?
Y: Because I knew you would fail.
S: You’re lying! (but relieved)
Y: I passed every course with no sweat.
MCs: He’s getting chatty again.
Y: So I was like, ‘oh, a perfect score’. Then, there was no beep at the parallel parking again! (You would hear a beep when you’ve parked the car correctly)
S: Really?
Y: Really.
MC Park: So, the parallel parking is hard. It’s like once you make a blooper during filming, you keep doing it at the same part.
Seulong: He’s cute.
NY: Look at him in the passenger seat.
S: So sad!
Y: Why did Jungshin buy something like this?!
(A match made in heaven)
S: Anyway, let’s put it behind us and get licenses soon.
Y: Ok.
S: Ah! I saw that! The lost ring incident!
MCs: What is it? (Yong’s lost ring incident was a hot issue on the internet)
Y: I don’t want to be reminded about it.
S: Please tell me what happened.
Y: I never overlook a camera on the stage.
S: I know that.
Y: So I was fully concentrated on the camera. Then suddenly I heard this snap.

(Footage of his performance)
MC Kim: Did you just see his face?
MC Park: Yes!
MCs: He’s looking for it!
JW: He’s on screen!
MC Park: Wow~ (everyone clapping and cheering)
(He continues his song, but somewhere in his mind…’where has my ring gone?’)
MC Park:…and he even forgot the lyrics!
Seulong: Oh my God.
NY: He was on live!
Seulong: But as soon as he lost the ring…
MC Park: He’s so cute.
MCs: He’s so charming!
(And we know how he cherishes the ring)
NY: I like that side of him.
MC Kim: But he seems to have found it.

Y: So I found it after the performance. Luckily, it wasn’t broken into two. So I mended it with a glue gun.
S: Oh……
Y: ($1.5 value ring, getting rusty and even broken) What kind of ring is this?!
S: Hahaha!
S: It happened to me, too. After the performance I realised that the cubic in the ring had gone. I tried to find it, but couldn’t. So I put in a cubic that’s for nail art.
Y: Really? But it fits.
MC Park: I want to buy them a ring.
S: Well done.
Y: You, too.
S: I was moved when you kept looking for the ring.

(backroom interview)
S: If I were in his shoes....I wonder whether I would keep looking for a ring if I was on stage.
I was thinking, ‘how did he fix it with the glue gun?’ ‘How does he have a glue gun?’ and so on… I was deeply grateful for his cherishing the ring that much.

Y: I should bequeath this ring to…my child.
S: What it needs is some solder.
Y( coughing): My throat was in such a bad condition.
S: Umm…
Y: Nothing good has happened since the driving test.
S: I think things have started going wrong since then.
Y: My throat started going bad after the test.

(Failed driving tests… Husband’s vocal nodule…A broken (?) ring….)
Y: We’re in a slump.
S: That’s right.
Y: What do you do when you’re having a hard time?
S: I like going out. Going to a park, listening to music… What about you?
Y: I hide under the duvet and go to sleep, listening to music.
S: Huh…! Um….
Y: Now, come to think about it, why are you speaking formally to me?
S: Ah….! Is that so~ (mixture of Banmal and honorific expressions)?
Y: Use Banmal.
S: Wai~~t .
MCs: Wai~~t.
Y: HAHAHAHA!!
S: No…..!
(MC Kim is imitating her, which sounds similar to the 19th century Korean dialect)
Y: Wai~~t~~, i~~t~~
S: Wait a minute (in Eng)!
(Yong keeps teasing her)
Y: How should I wai~~t?

Y: Weather’s good. Shall we go outside?
S: Yes! What should we do?
Y: How about playing golf?
S: Golf? Where?
Y: Over there (pointing to a terrace). Basketball!
S: Basketball?
Y: I used to fly in the court (telling her his former glory).
S: Your throat! Turn the volume down a bit. The story was funny, but since you are not fully recovered…
S: Bicycles!
Y: Bicycles? Do you have one?
S: No, I don’t.
S: Pool?
Y: Pool? No, I really don’t like it.
MC Park: Why?
JW: He seems to hate it so much!
Y: No, never.
S: Why?
Y: I really don’t like pool or snooker.
S: I’ve never played them before.
Y: Once I joined a pool club in my junior school. Since then I have never played it, ever!
S: I want to learn how to play…but since you don’t like it.
Y: No, no!
Y: I hate it when my friends ask me to go play snooker.
S: What is snooker?
Y: What is snooker?

(Hyun buin seems to want to play pool. What will our considerate Yong hubby do? And the reason why Yong hates pool so much?!)

(Preview: throb…throb…throb…)
Y: Let’s make a bet. I have something in mind. A piggyback!
S: What….?
Y: A piggyback to…
Yongseo couple’s strongest skinship so far!
S: Here?
Y: No, it will be too hard for you.
S: But….it’s too dangerous!
(Will Yong’s wish come true?)

translation credits: j2dlee@soompi

6 comments:

  1. Thank you very much & a very special thanks for SmoothyEcoS03 :D
    Yong Hwa was amazing xD
    As always they are very beautiful together :')

    ReplyDelete
  2. is this pool episode the one when yong~ collapsed during filming wgm?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi RVIOLIN - your're welcome and yes! SmoothyEco is Jjang for always uploading so fast

    Anon - the news report when Yong collapsed was May 24. Not sure if anything from that shooting was aired. The pool scene was filmed June 8 after Yong was released from the hospital

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yong was awesome!!! Good husband who makes himself a fool to cheer up his Hyunnie who is feeling bad about failing driver's test...aaaaawwwww! I hope Hyunnie give him a big kiss for being so considerate (^^)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm confused, after the 'punishment picnic' when was the second part of ep18 filmed? It says 3 weeks later which would put it at 6/2. So is this filmed after Y is released from the hospital for exhaustion - or before? He sounds and looks sick in ep18, but they are wearing the same clothes (H's 'I love My Boys' t-shirt & Y's grey tie-dyed T) that they wore to Apgujeong to play pool, which supposedly occured on 6/8. So I'm wondering what was filmed on 5/24 & later on 6/8 in Apgujeong????!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anon - yes, you are right the second part of ep. 18 was filmed after Yong was hospitalized. Hope I dont make this more confusng but:
    May 24 - WGM filming and Yong hospitalized. I dont think we get to see anything from the May 24 shooting
    May 27 - Yong released from hospital
    June 8 - WGM Ep 18 & 19 filming

    ReplyDelete