THIS SITE IS NOW CLOSED.

For the latest news about Jung YongHwa and Seo JooHyun
(CNBLUE and SNSD, too),please proceed to:




Yongseointernational.com



Thank you for the 3 wonderful years, SPD.


DOUBLE-CLICK TO CLOSE THIS DIALOG

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

111228 [Fan Acct/Article] 11 December 2011 CN Blue concert - 4 Youngsters with unlimited thirst


"Finally" get to watch CN Blue in concert. Recently, I got really busy so no time for concerts and musicals. Watching them perform live with my own two eyes was a first for me. Previously, I watched through their TV performances so I have a rough idea of them as a whole in my mind.



Also I did not think that much of my perception of them was going to change due to a live performance but it was a different concert from what I have projected in my mind.

Before watching the concert, I gave respect points to Jung Yong Hwa and his vocals and also thought that having confidence in them as a whole band still requires time.

However what I saw during the live show n Yong Hwa's vocal before; was the whole band. Such strength, coarseness, conflict and excessiveness therefore such a "messiness" feel.

It is the kind of "messiness" that I like... (It is not to say truly messy... it was just at that point in time this was the word to describe them).

I am not talking about singing or performance but I see for youngsters with unlimited thirst. Why thirst? I don't know but it is definitely music related.

This is four persons' heart that is burning with emotions and they hope that this burning energy could be let out like an explosive force.

At that moment I was infected by it, by such hope. I was enlightened watching them.

I love this kind of musicians. It does not matter whether you are on stage or watching them from your seat below. Both parties are looking at each other with such energy.

This feeling is the best. This is "rock". It is not about knowing how to strum the guitar, knowing how to beat drums or screaming your lungs out then it means rock but the basic energy within. That is rock and they have this kind of energy.

From what is seen, it is still raw and unrefined but that is what that made it so much more meaningful. It is because they are still at an age where they still can't really control the pull n give. If they could control the energy at such an age, it would not be as meaningful.

Not having experienced "over-excessive" beats. Not having experienced "conflicting" melodies, where is the value?

First is the drummer:

Ahh… Kang Min Hyuk's skills are really not bad. I am not particularly attuned to the individual instruments kind of person. However somewhere in the middle, the strength in his drumbeats managed to flow into my ears. Under the circumstances, it was not overpowering or loud and it was blending well with the other instruments. It is the kind of beats that will sound really natural however once it is wrong it will become really blaring to the ears.

But at this live stage you will listen and wonder what is this comfortable section of this "messy" performance? Where does this soothing feeling come from? By listening carefully, you realised that it is coming from the drums. Although it is not elegant drumming skills but to be able to draw out the fluidity of the song is not an easy feat either. Especially for their songs since there are points where it requires a lot of harmony and that is why their melodies are not easy but it is easy to fine tune and bring out the song. Tuning the drum beats alternating between strong n soft beats.

Other than at the climax of the song where the beats come out really strong, at other parts throughout the music it definitely does not clash at all. This is the kind of harmony working together in the songs that is what that left a deep impression. It also highlights the fact that while he was drumming, his heart was actually singing along to the song

How to describe Jung Yong Hwa and his lead vocal portions? Can it be like "look at this crazy fellow?" This kind of talk will make me look like I am exaggerating but for the people who watched the live performance, they will agree with me. He is really a "crazy" fellow. The culprit for making 11 Dec CNB concert so "messy" was none other than Jung Yong Hwa.

From head to toe, he was burning with energy and letting this explosive force come out. It is not his physical body that is running all over the stage. It is the inner meaning of his heart that was. At times, I felt I was not listening to the music but admiring this inner message that his heart was sending.

I really love this kind of feeling. I really hate going to concerts and feeling completely calm throughout because it will make me think, "What am I doing here?" However, I like this kind of being sucked in by the energy and emotions. This is something that I have not watched in a long time.

Finding a sensible explanation to his lead vocal portions. His voice as compared to previous reviews of his voice has risen 2 dimensions and have become much more powerful. Only to rise in strength is not enough, it needs to rise in "dimension" and this “dimension” is In My Head.

Starting from other composed songs he did until this one that reach such level, Jung Yong Hwa powerful voice has ascended from the "maybe territory". It was reported that 10 Dec 2011's In My Head was better but what I saw on the 11th had "over-excessive" explosive feeling.

Anyway I will repeat again and say that I love such young lead vocalist with such "excessiveness". As times goes with age, it will be instinctual to be able to control the beats. So at 20s, this is the time for you to be explosive uncontrollably.

However, Yong Hwa's voice was not simply "raw" n "explosive". What gave a more lasting impression was his overall ability to control the song and also the stage. Music, performance and controlling such a public performance plus explosive factor, he stepped into the role. You cannot help but say, "Ahh, he is obviously the leader of the band"

Singing, performing and being an "athlete" (he ran a few rounds all round the stage), one person so many characters and he was showing such scary ability.

This is the reason for saying he is a "crazy" fellow.

He was taking on what was basically unimaginable for only 23-year-old musician at such a concert and able to perfectly execute it out.

Also there is something that must definitely need to point out.

The guitar skills were awesome. Jung Yong Hwa n his occasional solo parts were not bad. However, Lee Jong Hyun's guitar, the strength n stability and wonderful rhythm were extremely good.

Actually, the impression I have of Jong Hyun is "another style kind of lead vocal" but Lee Jong Hyun is definitely as how the legends say it CN Blue's guitar man. After Jung Yong Hwa ends his vocals, Jong Hyun's guitar tunes together with the drumbeats blending together at the "end" was definitely very moving.

If I were to go to CN Blue's concert again, it is only to listen to their youthful but powerful kind of performance.

*It is like the kind of feeling you get from them perfectly executing their individual roles that even if they are not familiar with the song, you do not feel bored at all

Actually I only like their signature song out of CN Blue's collection of songs therefore I prepared for "half of the time boring" kind of situation but I really do not know how did the time just flew past me.

A total of 23 songs? Right and a lot were Yong Hwa's n Jong Hyun's work but really need to give them a round of applause. More importantly, it is the creations that made it more enjoyable. Their compositions have the essential things of the 4 person CN Blue.

Even though want to say sing a few more songs but there are no feeling that it was under prepared. It is already very aptly done but 2-3 part still felt a little disappointing. For example in the beginning adding a few fresh feeling kind of songs.

During Just Please, Let's go crazy at the beginning n end; adding a few things to the stage performance and during the ending where they added Rain of Blessing, Y, Why this kind of extravagant melodies n rhythm.

However, I will just treat it, as I want to listen to them singing freely kind of thinking then.

Even though Yong Hwa is the lead vocal and is constantly singing but if there is a part where the solo is like Jong Hyun's solo is not bad too. I would think like that will have a risk that it is repetitive.

On the flip side for Jong Hyun's solo, it will be better to be able to create his own brand of stage feel. Overall, this 2 lead vocalist is what makes CN Blue interesting... if there is a chance I will write them individually.

Vocal effects are not bad and it can be counted as grade-1 effects

The big screen showing background effects was also not bad. It was not overly dramatic and blended well with the music.

No special effects were used but just using the songs as the main focal point.

No special guest performance was also good since there will be no special guests to interrupt their music.

There was nothing else in the venue other than music. They also showed complete band image kind of performance that was really good

Did I mention it was an awesome performance? It looked like I did not. It was really an awesome performance.

In the future if someone tells me "I am not a fan of CNB", in my heart I will most probably be saying it is because you have never attended their concerts before.

It started as a just to go watch "how they grow" kind of attitude but it left me surprised with I have seen and was how I seem to have stepped into a tunnel and watching a rock band.

This is a band with members with unlimited potential who are capable of amazing growth and development. I feel that this band already has a high position in Kpop but that I will leave for a future post.

~End~


Original Article : Korean Blogger
Chinese Translations by: @amazing雨 (Weibo)
Link for Chinese Translation : http://i.imgur.com/nxqjf.jpg
English Translation : @lingzw87 (twitter) 
Cr Photo : CNBLUE FB

Original posts:

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this..i love reading fan acc., sharing experiences and impressions from different fan/audience are very interesting. Please do share more fan acc. in the future..CNBLUE please keep making great music and rocking live stages!=)

    ReplyDelete