THIS SITE IS NOW CLOSED.

For the latest news about Jung YongHwa and Seo JooHyun
(CNBLUE and SNSD, too),please proceed to:




Yongseointernational.com



Thank you for the 3 wonderful years, SPD.


DOUBLE-CLICK TO CLOSE THIS DIALOG

Sunday, January 15, 2012

120115 [Magazine/Trans] CNBLUE Pati Pati February 2012 Issue

The Rock 2nd single is finished!

CNBLUE release 2nd single of the major debut “Where you are” on 1st February. Enchasing the guts and rock sound, without a doubt this song is all about the voices of 4 people.

October Last year’s major debut, Zepp Tour, the first step forward to Yoyogi First Gymnasium! CNBLUE who is accelerating the activities in Japan, for follow up they have completed 2nd single of the major debut “Where you are” early too. From this work various approaches are not represented by the aspect of rock band, once again we can see the musicality of CNBLUE the band. They remove the barrier of genre and nationality for those who want to experience the new style of music.

When it finished, everyone said “this is the best!” everyone get excited

The first show in Yoyogi First Gymnasium, although it only just one chorus, I think there are a lot of fans catch the impact on the sound of rock of “Where you are”.

Yonghwa: It also happened to “In my head”, but in the recent live, the support of this kind of taste of music are very good. Also the good feeling when the song becomes the excitement in the live, and from the start it has been there, I get everyone’s excitement.


Looks like when you are performing this kind of taste of music, the tensions increase?

Jonghyun: It increases! But, actually performing this it’s hard (laugh). In the recording, we are using the digital sound; it is pretty hard to do it in live.

Because the digital sound marks the rhythm perfectly, the combined live performance certainly hard indeed.

Jonghyun: That’s right. Also in the live, because we perform while singing, it is hard to adjust the rhythm.

Yonghwa: Dan, dan, dadadan! The rhythm, first of all, that’s what comes into my mind when I was making this song. From there I started to make the whole, the pack of sounds in the beginning highly didn’t come into my mind, but (with live song) ♪Where you are, the melody of the chorus is done at once.

Jungshin: “Where you are”, Yonghwa Hyung also said “Ba-n!” of the melody and the feeling of expanding is good, right? That flashy feeling, I thought of popping melody that fit the bass.

Jonghyun: Yes. Focusing on the melody and mix many kind of sounds there.

Yonghwa: I like that kind of approach. Especially because I like distracting things in the good meaning (laugh). Generally from simple things to complex things. Put everything that came into my mind at it is, I like to use a lot of sounds.

Minhyuk: Since I just focus on drum, I don’t keep my eyes on the other elements much… (laugh).

Jonghyun: He’s doing things at his own pace doesn’t he? (Laugh)

Minhyuk: (laugh) but really, this song just like the other Hyungs said the rhythms that are appeared in the front part; I like to use that kind of elements. “In my head” and “Where you are” in this meaning are similar songs and I like both of them.

Yonghwa: The disco-ish feels right?


“In my head” and this song are using digital sound like flavor, the feel of digital sound that not only the local sound but also adopting the foreign sound, like a lot of songs these days right?

Jonghyun: Yes. This song is using digital sound but I think recently there is such trend in this world. In rock groups, the band that use the digital sound are a lot, we also do, we use digital sound by using thing that like the effector’s sense/feeling in the guitar.

What is the reason of you guys keep choosing the upbeat song as single in Japan? As CNBLUE since you guys have the various taste of music, among that which one of you that you think comes out with many choices?

Yonghwa: From the start, it’s me myself who like this kind of music’s taste, well it is right? For this reason, the younger generation like us especially who seems to like rock sound, and I think the responses are good in the live too. Maybe for this reason, the colors of CNBLUE are from our own favorite genres too.

Jonghyun: Yes. We want to do this kind of music, among that we got the challenges from various things when we want to do that kind of music and because I think I wanted to do more Ballad and also the exciting songs too. Like “for the live”, do the exciting songs.

Speaking of which, we’ve talked about the band who are giving the energetic sound like Hoobastank, before right? Because there is this kind of preferences, for you guys, what spontaneous thing do you guys say for this kind of rock music?

Jonghyun: yes, moreover isn’t that that kind of band also very good at ballad too?

Jungshin: YES! If Hoobastank, such as “The Reason”.

Ah, I see. This time the “coupling feeling” is for sure, the song of ballad’s taste also used piano right. The other coupling one “Get Away” is a rock number with the sense of speeding. It’s totally a different color with “Where you are”, what genre that can represent it? The 3 songs this time seem to be a little troubling (laugh).

Jonghyun: Right! That’s hard (laugh)

Yonghwa: I just only say “Our own genre” (laugh)

Jonghyun: but, the feelings of the music which like “What kind of genre is this?”. Nowadays, I think there is a lot of that right. Because there are many new things, to decide that it is the only one genre is difficult, and also we think that we want our own music to be like that.

Jungshin: In this meaning, “New rock” might be the best word.

Jonghyun: We are rock band but we want to make many peoples heard our music, it will never change. I think “Popular music” is like that. For that reason, we want to be able to be heard by the rock fans including a lot of peoples, we are.

CNBLUE Winter Tour 2011 ~Here, In my head~
Looking back at the tour.

Yonghwa: I really enjoy the long time Zepp Tour and also the Yoyogi First Gymnasium tour. Because we have used up our power, today I can’t use my voice much (*the interview is the next day after Yoyogi Tour), my body also feels like falling apart. And I don’t receive any massage from Jungshin (laugh).

Jonghyun: Jungshin’s massage is good!
Yonghwa: but, minhyuk is better and you can have it only in a good mood (laugh).
Jungshin: (laugh) Minhyuk with the high grade massage, me…
Minhyuk: Low price? (laugh)
Jungshin: Maybe yes (laugh).
Jonghyun: More, I’ve been told “I look older than the age” by the people who come to watch the live. I seem to appear calm right? I don’t understand it well but, was it because of many ballads too? So, while having that kind of face, year 2012 because I will keep running forward youthfully (laugh), in the future please keep coming!

some scan from Pati - Pati February 2012 issue can be found in here

translation credit kumako_3388 @tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment