THIS SITE IS NOW CLOSED.

For the latest news about Jung YongHwa and Seo JooHyun
(CNBLUE and SNSD, too),please proceed to:




Yongseointernational.com



Thank you for the 3 wonderful years, SPD.


DOUBLE-CLICK TO CLOSE THIS DIALOG

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

111018 [News] CNBLUE Interview in PIA Online



‘Monster Grade’ New Band Finally to Make Major Debut in Japan

‘Stupid Music Lover’.

When I interview with them, I always think that. They are Star of Asia, but they are very dedicated to the music, almost like a fool does.

YongHwa starred in Drama ‘You’re Beautiful’. Then they gained popularity, when after that drama they had their major debut in Korea, they won first place in music charts immediately. They became a top star.
It seems to be smooth, but before their Korean debut they studied and practiced in Japan as a band, they also experienced poor life.

They kept working in Korea, major = TV, in Japan indie = Live, then finally they will make their major debut in Japan on October 19 (Wednesday). They are a ‘monster grade’ new band that held the last indie live at Yokohama Arena. We should not underestimate them, they aren’t just a ‘Korean Idol’.
They are a genuine ‘band’.

[Don't be Arrogant, As a Warning]

--Before Korea debut, you came to Japan to experience as a band. You performed live shows about 100 times.

YongHwa: In Korea, we had no place to play live show , though Japan has a lot of live houses. There is no small live house in Korea, instead there are large venues with the capacity of about 1000 people. So after the major debut in Korea, we continued to play live as an indie band in Japan.

JongHyun: In Japan, every town has a live house or sound practice studio. These are only available in Hongdae (in Korea). I think the sense of the live band can only learn by many times of live performance. We played live in those 6 months, we really learned many things.

–When we listen to their stories about in Japan, you said ‘no money’ so many times (laugh).

YongHwa: Yes.we really had no money (laugh). On the stage we are filled with happiness. But once we get off the stage, it’s bad! We didn’t have enough money to go back home and eat. We didn’t buy the 120yen juice, we looked for a vending machine selling 100yen. We always save money, even if it’s only 10yen!


–I think it is natural because a band is always poor, so that was the right way to live (laugh). Before, you had no money but you had freedom. Now, you have money but you have no freedom right?


JongHyun: We didn’t have freedom before too. Because there is nothing to do without the money (laugh).

YongHwa: We haven’t got enough money yet, but those were the days.

Minhyuk: We haven’t changed till now.

JungShin: Yes, not changed.

–I think FT ISLAND and CNBLUE activities changed the consciousness of the Korean bands, right?

JongHyun: Surely that young people who play the band has increased these days. But I think it’s still evolving. When we went to Japan, people said the band is ‘noisy’ or ‘bad’ (laugh)

YongHwa: Thanks to seniors who made a good foundation (for us to follow through). I wonder whether can we give a better influence too (for people to like band)?

–You had a lot of experience in Japan, it is too hard to let someone (stranger) stop his walk on the street and listen to live performance, or to increase the audiences at live house.

JongHyun: But it is a good experience for someone who is not our fan to listen to our music.

YongHwa: It is the sense of accomplishment to increase audience, it is a real pleasure of any band. We work hard in Japan, we grew up from zero audience to 15,000 people that came to Yokohama.

–I think there is the sense of accomplishment only can get by ‘away’ situation. Recently you played the opening act for Linkin Park, it was such an ‘away’ situation.

YongHwa: We really worried~! I was afraid of to be thrown by flying bottles (laugh). But I enjoyed that tension. It has been a long time we didn’t feel such an ‘away’ situation. the audience were mostly male, they were excited and shouted ‘Woh~’, so we were excited too, ‘Woh~’. It was really ‘rock’. Even if it’s an ‘away’ place, I want our music to be listened by rock music fans.


–Your major debut song in Japan ‘In My Head’ was composed by YongHwa-san. Now almost all songs of CNBLUE made by YongHwa-san and JongHyun-san, when did you start to compose a song?

YongHwa: My first time to make a song was at Junior High school. Maybe some are still there in my PC at my house in Busan. If I heard it now, I feel the immaturity, but I like composing a song since long ago.

JongHyun: I’ve heard the songs, already it has a color of YongHwa hyung.

YongHwa: I make a melody by guitar first… and I often make a melody of the chorus first.

JongHyun: I often compose the song inspired by movies and dramas. Watching video is my habit when I write a song. I make a song by guitar too.

–How did ‘In My Head’ created then?

YongHwa: I made it quite a long time before. The phrase ‘In My Head’ came up to my mind, I made melody of the chorus first. We played it at Yokohama Arena, it is rock number but also has dance feeling, so I think we could made audience enjoy.

–’Mr.KIA’ is a song with English lyrics and composed by YongHwa-san. I thought it’s a cynical song.

YongHwa: Not only cynical but also as a warning to ourselves, ‘always be humble’. Even if we have ahd our major debut, don’t be arrogant. I obliged to that warning (laugh).


–’Rain of Blessing’ is a song with Japanese lyrics composed by JongHyun-san. JongHyun-san’s songs are mostly gentle (soft/ballad) song. Because JongHyun-san is a soft (gentle) person, right?

JungShin: Oh, is hyung soft? I don’t think so (laugh).

JongHyun: I wonder if that’s true. I don’t know well (laugh). My looking is not gentle or soft, but I want to be gentle only in my mind.

–What does “major debut” mean for everyone?

Minhyuk: A passage point. We performed in many live shows in Japan, we had a lot of experiences as a band. In the future, I’d like to make a better music in Japan.

JungShin: It’s new departure.

JongHyun: I think it is a good chance for our music to be listened by many people.

YongHwa: Our first step. We have much more to aim for!

Source: PIA Online
Translated by: ketchburning @ cnbluestorm
Posted at cnbluestrom

No comments:

Post a Comment