THIS SITE IS NOW CLOSED.

For the latest news about Jung YongHwa and Seo JooHyun
(CNBLUE and SNSD, too),please proceed to:




Yongseointernational.com



Thank you for the 3 wonderful years, SPD.


DOUBLE-CLICK TO CLOSE THIS DIALOG

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

111101 [Scans/Trans] CNBLUE in Tower Record Magazine – October 20 Issue #330



CNBLUE

They made a record of 100,000 sales in Korea, on the other hand they had knight-errant and indie activities since 2009 here in Japan. The “YOUNG ELITE = CNBLUE” finally had their major debut in Japan. They graced splendidly the one-man live concert at Yokohama Arena.

The musicality of the members is a mixture of American-style rock and pop music are crystallized in their debut single “In My Head”. Now we approach them on what they are looking for in the future.


-Your last indie live concert at Yokohama Arena was successful.

JongHyun (Guitar & Vocal): “Yes. Firstly, I’d like to thank our fans who have supported us for the last 2 years of indie days to build up our experiences.”

JungShin (Bass): “Although it was also a large venue, we would feel the unity with the audiences. I was so pleased”

YongHwa (Vocal & Guitar): “We performed at arena this time…It made me realise that our music and live performance at arena were the one we make up with our fans. We have already major debuted in Korea, we couldn’t really say we were indie…. When we had our fist live performance in Japan, there were only 4 audiences (laugh). But 2,000 audiences came to our live in 6 months. I never forget about it. I’d like to make live concerts with everyone in many places.”

MinHyuk (Drum): “Although it’s important that we enjoy performing, it’s important more we make our audiences enjoy a lot too. We could do that at arena and I really enjoyed the live concert.”

-When you started the band activity, did you have the vision what you want to be, like “we want to do this kind of music” or “we want to be like this”?

MinHyuk: “What we talked from the beginning was ‘We don’t want to stick to a particular genre. We want to be a durable even we get older.’ We also want to have a lot of live concerts and release many albums.”

JongHyun: “We don’t want to decide the direction where we are heading for, we’d like to have diversity and we want to make it with our fans as well”

YongHwa: “When I compose, I think it’s important when someone listens to my song and say ‘wow, this is a good piece’, rather than ‘I want to compose this’. I always try to compose pieces that make listeners fell good and pleased.”

-Who are your admired bands or musicians?

JungShin: “It’s MR.BIG.”

YongHwa: “I like Bon Jovi a lot. Also I’m currently into MGMT and SOULWAX, I like their electronic element. I’d like to produce such element in our band and I’m searching for it”

JongHyun: “I like Bon Jovi as a band, too. I also like Eric Clapton and John Mayer as solo artists. But the music we pursue is like flumpool, BUMP OF CHICKEN, Mr. Children, or B’z from Japanese artists, the music that is loved by a lot of people.”

MinHyuk: “I like MAROON5 and LINKIN PARK. I like the refined music like band music with synthesizer’s sound. I want to be like Roger Taylor who can play drum and sing.”

-While I was listening to your talks, four of you have multicolored music preferences.

It’s not like ‘We want to play punk rock.’ or ‘We want to play hard rock.’, but I can see that ‘We want to play the rock that can reach to a lot of people, and we want to create a huge energy from it.”

YongHwa: “Yes, indeed. To encourage a lot of people with the music– I think it’s the power of music and the meaning of playing the music.”

-The major debut single “In My Head” is the exact piece the that showed such ambitions in crystal clear. All of three tracks have different directions, but what you want to achieve is ‘the unity through the music’.

YongHwa: “Yes, I think it’s important. But this time, we put a strong meaning to introduce ‘We are the band like this’. We put more effort to express our own colour. In the past, we discussed ‘what is our own colour’….but our music have the tune of various genres (laugh). We ended up saying ‘The tune of various genres is our own colour’. It’s a pity to decide it right now, as we have a lot of musical genres that we have yet to try.”

-You all are still young, yet you’ve already found out your own way ahead through your live performances both in Korea and Japan. I can see you are stepping forward by major debut that is said as your ‘pass point’, and it’s included in “In My Head”.

YongHwa: “Yes, it’s true. We saw LINKIN PARK’s live performance the other day (CNBLUE was chosen to perform as the opening act for LINKIN PARK’s live concerts at Makuhari Messe on 10th September), I thought ‘Wow. They are very cool’, ‘Can we be like them someday.’ We want to be the band that everyone aspires for. We know we still have to grow up. We’d like to perform perfectly and be a cool band steadily.”
JongHyun: “We’d like to perform at many of rock festivals. We want  a lot of rock fans to know us. It’d be great if we can perform the opening act for B’z.”
YongHwa: “Wow, Super!!” (laugh)
JongHyun: “I’d like to say ‘B’z coming next.” (laugh)

Source | Credit: @2kiko
Translated by: CNBLove @ cnbluestorm
Edited by: fizzy @ cnbluestorm
Original posted at cnbluestrom

No comments:

Post a Comment