THIS SITE IS NOW CLOSED.

For the latest news about Jung YongHwa and Seo JooHyun
(CNBLUE and SNSD, too),please proceed to:




Yongseointernational.com



Thank you for the 3 wonderful years, SPD.


DOUBLE-CLICK TO CLOSE THIS DIALOG

Thursday, January 24, 2013

130124 [News] Girls’ Generation’s Seohyun is blacklisted at customs because of cherry tomatoes?

Girls’ Generation‘s Seohyun confessed she was blacklisted at customs because of cherry tomatoes.

On ‘Radio Star‘, she was asked, “Does Seohyun still eat a lot of sweet potatoes?“ Kyuhyun answered instead and said, “I know Seohyun eats a lot. Once we went overseas, and Seohyun got caught by customs. We were all worried. She even paid 300,000 KRW (approximately $280 USD) in fines. It was all because of cherry tomatoes.”

Seohyun explained, “To be honest, I packed it to eat as a snack on the airplane. On the customs forms, you have to check that you have food, but I checked ‘no’ and fell asleep. I forgot that I had tomatoes in my bag. The security dogs smelled it, so I got caught. I got blacklisted, so every time I go to America, they check if I have tomatoes or other food. I think you stay on that list for a couple of years or something.“
cr. allkpop


3 comments:

  1. That is funny :)

    They are really strict about these kinds of things with international flights here in America LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There U.S. pre-customs clearance :

    All passengers bound for the United States must go through U.S. Customs before boarding their flight. As a result, they will not have to submit to any other formalities when they arrive in the United States.

    U.S. Customs and Border Protection requires that all travellers fill in and present Declaration Form 6059B or I-94. You must also have all required documentation with you. Note also that you cannot take certain products, such as fruit from other countries, into the United States.

    If you are a NEXUS program member, you can save time by using one of the self-serve declaration kiosks.

    Cr : http://www.admtl.com/Passengers/Formalities/DepartingPassengersUnitedStates.aspx

    Notes :
    > It becoming more serious after 9/11 attacks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only US, there another countries that very strict with fruits. Malaysia is 1 of it. & Australia, where u cannot bring any foods. U need to declare it at customs.

      Delete