THIS SITE IS NOW CLOSED.

For the latest news about Jung YongHwa and Seo JooHyun
(CNBLUE and SNSD, too),please proceed to:




Yongseointernational.com



Thank you for the 3 wonderful years, SPD.


DOUBLE-CLICK TO CLOSE THIS DIALOG

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

120201 [Photo/Video/Fan Taken/Fan Acc] Girls Generation at Letterman

Late Night with David Letterman


Fans getting autograph outside Ed Sullivan Theater

SeoLady & the girls photo with Bill Murray @ David Letterman Talk show Backstage 

Performance

Video








SNSD NY Letterman ends

Fan Account

By @

Super detailed fan account...

I can't believe I just saw the girls in person on the Late Show stage!

11am was the designated time to start calling for standby tickets. I called at 10:55 and got a recording to call again at 11. By 11, the line was busy, and I called 87 times before finally getting through. The Late Show lady who answered was talking crazy fast to get through the call, and I was shaking because it was 20 mins after 11. I didn't think I would get through, I didn't think I was early enough to get in to the show, and I didn't think I'd be able to answer the trivia question. (The Late Show asks a trivia question about the show to decide who gets tickets.)  Then she asked me: "Paul Shaffer is our bandleader. What is he famous for wearing?" Miraculously, I knew the answer! "...Sunglasses?" I answered. "congratulations, you're number 6 on the list."

I haven't watched the show in at least 10 years - it was sheer luck I got asked something I happened to know. Someone later told me that they got it wrong and were put around 25th on the list, but that they would've been 5th of they'd had the right answer.

They said to be there at 3:30 on the dot and that's exactly when they started asking us to line up in number order, and for our IDs.

The 3 people in front of me didnt show up, so I ended up being 3rd in line for standby, woo! I was so nervous up until this point, because I had no idea what to expect. In the end, at least like 30+ of the standby line got in.

Because I was by myself, I got a pretty good single seat on an aisle, like around 10th row. The view was so perfect because it's like stadium seating in there.

We were told to laugh like crazy and be energetic as an audience, so I tried my best. The show was pretty funny, they did the whole super bowl bit with Bill Murray, and while Bill & Dave & Regis were coming back inside, they started setting up for the girls. The stage was so small! They wheeled in drums and a DJ table, so I knew what was coming. I kept waiting and waiting to see the girls while Regis and Bill were goofing around onstage.

By the time the girls came out, everything was settled and the Late Show band was playing through a commercial break. Yuri and Seohyun started high-fiving the musicians behind them, so cute! The girls were all able to goof around for a minute and get comfortable onstage, they did hands-in 시작해! Then as the break was ending they got into their poses.

The stage area was so cramped that poor Sunny was stuck in the shot behind Bill & Regis. It was a little awkward, I hope it doesn't look too weird on TV.

The girls' performance was seriously so amazing. The drums added a lot to the music and the singing & sound system sounded awesome. Then the dance break started and my jaw dropped, I couldn't suppress an "oh my god" out loud because it was just that amazing. By mid-song I was like trying not to cry, feeling so proud of how well they were performing and just overwhelmed with happiness at what I was witnessing and how lucky a fan I was at that moment. Our girls did so so well for their first network TV appearance, all fears I had about it just melted away and pure happiness took its place. In the end I was able to keep it together, but just barely haha. Good thing too because the people next to me probably already thought I was crazy for singing along.

Once the performance was over I heard some people near me going like "wow" because they'd had no idea what to expect and the performance was so sexy lol. We were told before the show not to do cat call type cheering, but once the girls were done, I couldn't hold it in haha. So if you hear just like one girl going "woooo" that was me hahahah.

After the performance, Dave concluded the show, and Tiffany was laughing at Dave's concluding joke, though i think the cameras had already cut away to a replay of the outdoor bit. I saw Jessica and Tiffany bowing to Regis and Bill and several of the crew. it was cute to see the girls with Regis, hehe.

Sadly, the audience started shuffling out while some of the girls were still out onstage. I was still pretty overcome with excitement, enough adrenaline to fuel the whole rest of the night sightseeing in NYC. Thank you, Late Show with David Letterman, for an amazing memory!

Cr Photo : Milkham, as tagged, 91Yeo
Cr Video : 

No comments:

Post a Comment